Wednesday, April 19, 2006

WHAT STARTED IT ALL - 1st email


This is one of the first emails I wrote to David Smuck about wanting to get my hot air balloon pilots licience after 20 plus years of dreaming about it:

Russell HT Jurg <jurg31@canada.com> wrote:

January 2003

Hello David~

How are you doing? Keeping busy I'm sure. I've been meaning to get ahold of you about hot air ballooning, but I've been super busy over here in Houston. I am still very interested in eventually getting my pilots licience, and would like to begin as soon as possible. Do you know of any classroom coarses that I can take somewhere to better learn the written section of the hot air balloon examinations. It's hard for me to really learn something if certain things are not explained in detail and visual. If you can advise me in what direction I should go in I would greatly appreciate it.

Some of the books & manual I have from 1998:
-Private Pilot 1998 Test Prep-Balloon Ground School Home Study Manual/Revision Oct.97-Balloon Digest
-A Publication of the BalloonFederation of America
-Computerized Testing Supplement for Recreational Pilot& Private Pilot/US Dept of Transportation

Which of these are still good to use for 2003? I hope all is well with you and Paula. I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

Take care~
Russell Jurg

No comments: